Friday, July 4, 2008

Check This Out Now! Killer Mike Feat. Ice Cube "Pressure"


In 2003, Bone Crusher, T.I., and Killer Mike collaborated on the hit single "Never Scared." The video marked the beginning of a new A-Town movement in rap. T.I., Bone Crusher, and Killer Mike were all in search of themselves and looking to build legitimate careers that year. Bone Crusher's antics reminded people of a southern version of Busta Rhyme, Killer Mike was equipped with an agressive political stance that was reminiscent of Ice Cube, and T.I. had a swag that caused many to view him as a southern version of Jay-Z. Killer Mike possesed the best lyrical prowess out of the three, but T.I. eventually ended up having the more successful career. Killer Mike has always been a better rapper than T.I., but I think his career has suffered because he hasn't balanced radio friendly hits well. However, he is an important voice in hip-hop and I hope that he's able to get to a descent point before he becomes irrelevant in the game (it happens to every rapper). His latest video "Pressure" will make you think twice about ever consuming bullshit rap again.

No comments: